Magento is the most loved E-commerce development and designing platform. According to a recent statistic, about 51% of people in the U.S. have completely shunned the physical stores and shop majorly on their E-commerce counterparts. This points us to the fact that E-commerce industry is at an all-time high where customers seek exceptional products at effective rates and demand user-centric services that make them feel valued.
With this change in the shopping and buying scenario, companies are moving towards the online shopping experience, and Magento is their number one choice of development platform. According to Magento, more than 250,000 merchants all over the world currently actively use their platform for their E-commerce stores.
Nothing happens by chance, at least where there is enough competition to gain the top spot. A lot many other technologies and platform were a part of the race that Magento keeps on winning. But, here are the top reasons why the platform is and remains at the top spot-
- Community – Since developers love open-source, and since an open-source product has a thriving community around it, the same goes for Magento as well. The community of developers and Magento enthusiasts is 150,000 strong. The developers on the forums and in the community work to build extensions and improve the platform in several ways. The fact that the platform is flexible and open-source itself accounts for large popularity of the software among developers and development companies.
- Ownership – Compared to the SaaS platforms, when a product such as a web app or website is deployed on Magento, the company gets the ownership and access to hosting. This is a flexibility and ownership asset, and companies love it when they get the full accountability and ownership of their product.
- Extension Marketplace – The Magento extension marketplace is full of real-world problem-solving extensions that are developed and deployed by the community members. If there is any functionality that you would want your E-commerce online store to have, it is most probably already present in the extension marketplace as a ready-to-use extension. This also enhances the ease of development and aids developers in delivering quick turnaround times to their customers.
- Mobility – With Magento, you can build native apps for iPhone/iPad and Android devices that have an HTML5 interface. With Magento, developers can seamlessly build mobile sites that connect to the website. With the enhanced mobility functionalities, it is possible to introduce drag and drop and swipe and zoom features in the m-site.
- Customer Segmentation – With Magento, companies and businesses can segment their customer base on the basis of several factors such as demographics, buying history, user activity, and shopping cart details. This feature helps companies to plan out their marketing and sales strategies better as they have data at hand that can give them relevant insights on the customer behavior and different segments of customers they have reached.
- SEO-friendliness – Magento offers SEO-friendly URLs that help businesses enhance their search engine ranking drastically. Additionally, Magento also produces customized meta keywords, meta descriptions, and a Google sitemap, all of which work to improve the E-commerce website’s online search engine rankings.
- Security – When E-commerce websites are concerned, security is a challenge to be taken care of. With Magento, magento development companies can guarantee security to their customers as every transaction from a Magento website is secured with data encryption so that there is no security loophole.
Magento supports numerous transactions per hour owing to its full-page caching features and bandwidth. The platform has rightly established itself as the number one E-commerce development and designing platform.
Author : James Warner
James Warner is a highly skilled and experienced offshore software developer at NexSoftSys. He has bright technology knowledge to develop IT business system which includes user friendly access and advanced features.