In the present age where everyone is in a rush, people have actually forgotten to take care of themselves. In such a busy schedule, one should make sure they take out time for these little things that make you feel at peace, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
When you literally feel tired and want to relax, one of the best ways is to get a massage, which indeed works as therapy. Massage is generally the method of professionally treating the body by kneading, rubbing, patting, and hence, stimulate circulation, increase suppleness, relieve tension, etc. Among different types of massage, some aim to relieve muscle problems and injuries, while others aim to promote relaxation.
Most people think of massage therapies as a service found in resorts & luxury spas. But, it’s far from being a lavish extravagance, as massage therapy provides proved health benefits. Here are the benefits of getting regular massage therapy:
1) Reduces anxiety and depression: Human touch, which is safe, friendly, and professional, can be incredibly therapeutic and relaxing, According to studies, patients who were depressed and anxious were found to be much more relaxed, happy, and had reduced stress levels after the regular massage therapy.
2) Relieves Body Pain: Regular massage therapy sessions relax body aches, joint pains, and soothes the tendons and ligaments.
3) Relaxes the Muscles: The massage therapy on the muscles and tendons increases their flexibility. And it is a great way to improve posture, full range of movement potential and flexibility due to advanced age.
4) Improve Circulation: Regular massages loosen muscles and allow increased blood flow throughout the body. Improved blood circulation can have a number of positive effects on the rest of your body, including pain management & reduced fatigue.
5) Considered as a Treatment: Massage is considered part of integrative medicine and is a standard treatment for certain medical conditions and situations like:
- Digestive disorders
- Insomnia related to stress
- Nerve pain
- Sports injuries
- Upper back and neck pain
6) Improve Sleep: A good massage therapy will enhance relaxation and boost your mood, which in turn promotes more restful sleep.
7) Controls Blood Pressure: A professional massage therapy technique at specific points activates the pressure points in your body resulting in the control of high blood pressure.
8) Lower back pain: Sitting at a desk all day or working out at the gym can at times tend to hurt your back. As a result, back muscles get tense from repetitive strain. Getting regular professional massage therapy is one of the best ways to properly relieve tension and lower back pain.
9) Increases Immunity: Regular massages stimulate the production of immune cells, improves lymphatic circulation to provide cleaner blood whereby defense mechanisms are enhanced.
Massage just isn’t for someone with joint pain, aching muscles, long-term pain, or a chronic health condition. People who are generally healthy or want to stay healthy can benefit from regular massage therapies as a way to stay tuned in to overall well-being.
Looking for professional massage therapy? Unique Massage offers a range of massage therapies including sports & remedial Massage, deep tissue massage, dry needling massage, etc. that help you manage a healthy day-to-day life.