Here are some social media strategies that have been shown to be particularly effective in ecommerce. These are definitely things that you should strive for, but if you aren’t performing up to 100% on everything ( or anything for that matter) don’t worry – because as long as you are improving – your income from social media will be improving as well.
- Make sure you are thinking carefully about what words you use in your social media posts. You don’t want to write just anything. For one thing, it is going to live on the internet forever, so if you are giving advice, triple-check to make sure it is accurate. However, what is probably more important is that you use keyword research when you create social media posts. You’ll be able to get your social media posts higher in search and as a result, attract more followers.
- Share images whenever possible. Your followers and anyone else who views your posts are going to be scanning the web like everyone does and you need to be able to grab their attention and get them to actually read your content.
- Sharing your reviews can be one of the most effective sales tools that you have. When someone leaves a positive review share it on social media and then sit back and watch the sales roll in. People trust online reviews almost as much as they do the recommendation of a trusted friend.
- Make it easy for someone to share your content with others. Make sure that you are following a strategy and creating buttons that are in a location most likely to be used by your readers. The easier that you make it for people to share your content the more likely it is that they will. If you find something that is working, stick with it and be consistent so that people know where to look for it.
- You are on social media to create a human face behind your business so make sure that you actually interact with your followers. Read their posts, and comment on them when appropriate and do everything that you would do for a friend that you are following on a personal social media account. Of course, the more followers you have the more limited your personal interactions have to be, but the point is to make sure that your followers know that you actually care about them and don’t just see them as dollar signs.
- Join any groups that are related to your niche or industry. If your social media platform offers groups, make sure you join them, and use this the same way that you would a forum related to your chosen topic – post great content that will be viewed as “expert” content.
- Find out who the influencers are in your niche and build relationships with those people. Every niche has people that have a lot of weight behind them on certain topics. Obviously, the ideal situation would be for you to be that influencer, but even if that is the case, building relationships with other influencers can do nothing but help you.
- Post consistently. This is probably the number one touted social media tip on the web and for good reason. People that post consistently get the most followers, the most interaction from the followers that they have and they build the best brand image. If you don’t have time for this, consider outsourcing or using social media automation tools to provide consistency.
- Use hashtags but don’t be ridiculous. You don’t need to create a hashtag with every single post that you make and you definitely don’t want to use multiple “cute” hashtags on every post but if you can use hashtags that don’t make people want to unfollow you you’ll get a big boost in traffic from the people searching for those hashtags.
- Brevity is the key to interaction. If you want people to check out your content create engaging post titles and make your posts as short and concise as possible. While you should definitely make your blog posts and advice comprehensive enough to provide valuable information, always be thinking of ways that you can shorten things to create more engagement.
Author : Andre W. Klein
André Klein – Freelance Consultant for DocPath, a Document Output Software and Teldat, a Telecommunications and Router Company.
You will find loads articles and advice on Internet Marketing and How to run an Internet Business on my blog http://internetbusiness-howto.com and this is the corresponding Google+ business page
AND …I am leading a Spanish Internet Marketing Agency where we offer Internet Marketing services worldwide for Spanish, English and German speaking companies. We help our customers implementing personalized Internet Marketing strategies and build long therm relationships to fully understand their business needs and help them in taking advantage of the vast marketing opportunities the Internet is offering today globally and locally.
Personally, I am specialized on Internet Marketing Strategies, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), including Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay Per Click (PPC) – like ads in Google Adwords, Webinar events, Press Release, Article, Video and e-Mail Marketing.